Sunday, December 14, 2008

China Exchange Trip Part 3: Random, Interesting Bits


I know China trip's been quite awhile ago but yes I have left out some stuff. 

1) In Shanghai, some woman tried to sell me those wheels that can be attached to shoes so it would work like heelys, if you remember what they are. She followed me half the street through, and slashed the price of a pair of those wheels from RMB60(if I didn't remember wrongly) to RMB20. To escape from her, Amelia, Trixy and I rushed to a shopping mall to hide for a couple of minutes.

2) Quoted from Amelia:

"I was looking through my backpack when this asshole shuffed the card into my opened bag. It was too dark to see who it was, but i bet it was some kid (around our age, i mean). I'd have given him hell for being rude if I caught him.
Anyway, back to the point. When we were at this place, this man just threw the card into Joey's shopping bag and walked away. Freaking hell rude.
I was so bloody pissed I told him in chinese,
你回来!
"You come back!" (The guy really came back, because I shouted at him)
你拿回去好了
"Take this back."
不要乱放
"Don't just put this anywhere"

Uhm yeah. The guy came back and took the card. I swear I was so freaking angry."


I was so shocked but yea, good job Amelia! :D Oh and something to add, she shouted "Siao ah!" at the dude who threw the card into my shopping bag at Shanghai Bund and she asked me if the china guy would understand siao. Hahah! 

3) Everyone of us kept shopping even until the last day of the trip! We didn't manage to try the famous xiao long baos in Shanghai because if we were to, we would miss our lunch/the flight. 


Ciao

No comments: